These resources include historic documents, photographs, and contemporary writing.
This archive contains a wide range of digital material regarding the history of Topaz: photographs, the Topaz Times, and the names of all Topaz internees located in the Central Utah Final Accountability Report. Click below to view and search the collections.
- Topaz Stories Remembering the Japanese American incarceration.
Stories told by survivors themselves or their descendants.
- The book, The Price of Prejudice by Leonard J. Arrington, was originally given as a 1962 honor lecture at USU. It was one of the first historical studies written about Topaz.
- Browse The Eleanor Gerard Sekerak Photo Collection. Miss Gerard was a high school teacher at Topaz.
- Browse and search the entire Topaz Times collection 1942-1945. This was the newspaper produced at camp. It has limited searching capability.
- Our Daily Diary, by the Topaz Third Grade
- Digital copies of TREK, All Aboard and three Topaz yearbooks, Ramblings ’43, Ramblings ’44, and Ramblings ’45 and other documents are available at USU Digital collections Online.
- Subjects: Relocation of Japanese Americans, 1942-1945 National Archive information.
- Central Utah Final Accountability Report – USU Digital Collections Online. A full listing of 11,212 Topaz internees who were originally in Topaz or who transferred into Topaz. The document includes date of birth, address prior to camp, transfer and discharge destinations.
- Topaz High School newspapers in the Ronald “Tubby” Yoshida Collection, 1942 to 1945. *Permission to publish an image or excerpt for profit from the Topaz High School newspapers in the Ronald “Tubby” Yoshida Collection must obtain permission from the Topaz Museum as the owner of the physical items. In instances when the copyright ownership is not clear it is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain copyright permission. All uses of the collection must credit the Topaz Museum in Delta, Utah.
- List of the babies born at Topaz
- Topaz Museum Press Advisory – NPS Assessment of Wakasa Monument
- Woman detained in Japanese internment camps turns 100 – East Bay Times
- Tanforan Births.
- Marriage Records from Topaz.